Friday, October 30, 2009

Today, San Diego, tomorrow Bamfield

We have arrived in San Diego. From where we are now I can literally see Mexico. We about 12 miles north of the border and I can see the Coronado islands which are in Mexican waters. This concludes the Canadian and US portion of our trip. Reflecting back after this many miles, 2397.3 to be exact (4439.7 km), we seem to have spent a lot of time going really slowly in large circles! This summer I have circumnavigated Vancouver Island twice, sailed almost as far North as we have South, and in two days we will be back in Bamfield where we left from 6 weeks ago. I’m not sure if we are doing something right or terribly wrong! Regardless I hope you enjoy this last video until we resume this voyage in the new year. I still have a bit of footage that needs to be worked up and a few ramblings about my thoughts on sailing this coast that I might post, so keep a weather-eye open and all the best.

m

No comments:

Post a Comment